How to Apply for Mexico Tourist Visa for Filipinos

If you are a Filipino who plans to travel to Mexico as a tourist, and you don’t have an existing valid Schengen Visa or US Visa, here’s how you can get your Philippine Passport stamped with Mexico Tourist Visa:
  • Secure all the required documents including your passport that is valid for at least six months beyond the date of your expected exit from the country.
  • Set an appointment for your VISA application - Contact the Mexican Embassy (in Manila) VIA PHONE: (+62)(2)(8122211) LOCAL 109 or 116 VIA EMAIL:
  • Proceed to the Mexican Embassy with all your required documents. SEE THE COMPLETE REQUIREMENTS FOR MEXICAN VISA APPLICATION BELOW
  • Pay the VISA application processing fee amounting to 17 USD - 30 USD. 
  • Wait for your Visa Approval. It usually takes 2-15 days.

Or if you have a DOUBLE ENTRY or MULTIPLE ENTRY JAPAN VISA, you do not need to apply for Mexico Visa!


Here are the requirements you have to submit to the Mexican Embassy in Manila:

1. Duly signed and filled up Application Form. This application form is available from the Embassy or downloadable from the Mexican Embassy website. For minors, both parents must sign the application form

2. Philippine passport (must have at least six months validity)

3. Photocopies of your passport
FOR GREEN PASSPORT: One (1) photocopy of the page of the passport with picture of passport holder, and of the last page where the signature of the Officer of the Department of Foreign Affairs, Embassy or Consulate of the Republic of the Philippines appears.
FOR MAROON PASSPORT: One (1) photocopy of the page of the passport with picture of passport holder and last page where the signature of the passport holder appears (if any).

4. Two (2) pictures (1.5″ x 1.5″ inch) on white background

5. A photocopy of the U.S, Canadian, U.K., Japan, or Schengen Visa (if any) is required depending on the route of the trip.

6. One valid identification card (original and photocopy - photocopy the front and back side of the card)
You may present any of the following:
-Driver’s License
-SSS / GSIS ID card
-Company ID
-Valid Student ID

7. Financial solvency. You must provide all of the following (original and photocopy):
A. Valid international credit card (photocopy the backside of the card where signature is found)
B. Paid credit card statements/billing statements of credit card (for the last 3 months)
C. Updated bank statements / certifications
D. Updated passbooks/ bank books (front page & page with last updated amount
E. Income Tax Return (if employed); Business ownership certifications, duly registered by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) (if self-employed).
F. Business Ownership Certifications – These should be duly registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) (if self-employed).
-For married couples applying for the visa, separate set of documentation is required.  Please provide the marriage contract upon application.
-For parents and children applying together for the visa, please present the Birth Certificate/s of the children. Both parents must sign the application form of the child.

8. Original copy of Certification of employment

9. Personal appearance

There is a way (for Filipinos) to enter Mexico without having to apply for Tourist VISA: If they are traveling by Cruise Ship... so you might want to reconsider? *wink*

If you have pressing concerns/ queries about VISA APPLICATION please contact me. i'll try my best to respond as soon as I can :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment